Please find below a selection of the vacancies on offer at the Expat Fair. These will be updated regularly 5 weeks before the Expat Fair takes place.
Note: Only stands with the "Jobs for Expats" signage offer multilingual vacancies.
Who we are:
Nedap Staffing Solutions develops products for the temporary staffing sector. Our products are built to remove the boring administrative part of the job.
We determine our product goals ourselves, including when and how to achieve them.
Within the group Staffing Solutions, we’ve been searching for a more sustainable method of developing software. Although we’ve been building our software based on the Ruby on Rails stack for quite some time now, we are experiencing certain disadvantages to using frameworks that focus on ‘ease of use’. As a consequence, we’re developing 3 new services in Clojure and have recently put the first service in production.
We would like to add a developer to our (partially remote) team to spar with and speed up development.
What You'll Do:
You’ll be part of a small team building full stack features for our applications. You’ll determine what to build and when to build it.
Day to Day:
• Whiteboard architecture with other engineers
• Get enough time for yourself to actually get stuff done
• Determine root causes of bugs and fix problems that arise in production
• With the team, figure out what needs to be done to further improve our solutions
What are we looking for?
• You have a strong sense of ownership and responsibility
• You enjoy diversity and differences of opinion, and engaging in discussions;
• You have an interest in functional programming
• A few years of object oriented or functional experience is helpful, but not required